Like with most things in life, the better you plan your car rental requirements, the better value for money you can expect to get from the monthly car hire. In this post we share some of the key areas that will show you where to look in order to find the best long term car rental deal for your needs.
Without any further a due herewith our recommendations for saving money on your next long term car rental.
1. What type of car do you need? – There are different cars available on long term car hire, knowing what car you need can save you from paying a higher price for a car you do not really need. For example if you are in Johannesburg on your own and only need a car to get from point A to point B, a smaller more fuel efficient car will help you save on both rental and fuel charges.
2. Is long term car hire covered under your current insurance? – Phone your insurance and find out if you are covered for rental cars, if you are then there is no need to pay for insurance twice.
3. Plan and know more or less what your daily traveling requirements are – Monthly car hire companies charge different rates for different daily traveling requirements. It is a good idea to be honest with yourself and them upfront, because there are penalties involved with exceeding on your daily travel limit.
4. Drive the car in a fuel efficient manner – Drive the car with respect and do not let the refs run to high – research have shown that by just driving your car more fuel efficiently, you can end up saving hundreds, if not thousands on your monthly fuel spend. Also it is recommended that you avoid driving during peak hours, this will save you from frustration and wasting petrol while idling in the traffic.
5. What extras do you need? – There is all kinds of extras that you can take with your monthly car rental deal including a GPS and Baby Car Chair.
The above mentioned points will help you save money on your next long term car hire. It is important to plan your trip well in advance. Most airlines, car rental companies and hotels will give you some sort of special rate for booking in advance. Plan your requirements and make your bookings as soon as possible to avoid being left with a far from cost effective monthly car hire.